TELEVISION!!! Yes, I said the dreaded word television. I occasionally let Ava watch TV when I need a little break, when I am combing her hair, and when I need to bribe her a little lol. But I am very picky about what I let her watch. I wanted to share some really awesome shows that she and I both like to watch.
1. Reading Rainbow on Amazon Prime - I was so excited to find out that a show I used to watch when I was a child was on Amazon Prime! Reading Rainbow showcases different books and encourages children to read. Anything that encourages Ava to read is a win for me!
2. Magic School Bus on Netflix - Another show I used to watch as a child! I love science and Magic School Bus teaches science in a fun way. With episodes about the solar system, ocean life, and germs, Ava will definitely learn something watching this show.
3. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood on PBS - This is Ava's favorite show. It is a remake of a show I watched when I was younger, Mister Rogers Neighborhood. I love this show for Ava, it teaches valuable lessons and offers solutions for three-nager problems lol.
4. Baby Animals in the Wild on Netflix - This is an adorable documentary following baby animals in the wild. We are vegan and do not support animals in captivity, so I like showing her where animals really live.
Watching TV isn't a big thing in our home but these are wonderful shows to indulge in every once in a while. Do you let your child watch TV? What shows are your favorite? Let me know in the comments! Until next time.
*Pics from Google
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Being a stay at home mom or any type of mom can feel like a constant state of exhaustion. As soon as you open your eyes, there is a kid asking for food, you aren't awake for 30 minutes and the living room is already taken over with toys! You still have to make breakfast, get dressed, dress the kids, and hopefully you will be on time for your playdate.
A chaotic morning can make for a chaotic day. I wanted to share some tips that help my day run smoother.
2. Recite an affirmation - When my alarm goes off, I'll start repeating an affirmation to myself. Positive affirmations replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Thoughts become things and I only want good things! My favorite affirmation is "Life is amazing and only good things happen to me." I'll even listen to affirmations on YouTube while I shower and get ready for the day. Inspirational podcasts are great too.
3. Have a plan for the day - Kids tend to go bonkers when they are inside for long periods of time. Plan somewhere to go for the day, it doesn't have to cost money, just something fun. If weather is a problem, have indoor activities ready. Ava loves art and can draw, color, and paint at her easel all day. Pinterest has tons of activities for indoor fun.
4. Load the dishwasher during the day - Immediately unload the dishwasher in the morning. (Remember, you have to wake before the kids!) After breakfast began loading it with the dirty dishes. It makes the kitchen seem cleaner and it is less work than loading all the dishes at night after dinner.
5. Have an idea for lunch - Whether you decide to pack a lunch for your outing, eat out at a restaurant, or cook up a quick meal, try to have an idea in mind so you aren't scrambling at lunchtime.
6. Work on dinner during nap time - It's so tempting to nap when the kiddies go down for a nap. It feels good for the moment but then you wake up and realize how much work needs to be done. Go ahead and start cooking dinner while the kiddies nap so you aren't scrambling in the evenings either.
I hope you found this list helpful and are able to put some of these practices to use. The one tip that I highly recommend is waking before the kids. You may feel like crap for a few days getting adjusted to your new waking time, but your great day will make up for it! Until next time!
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you are having an amazing day with amazing plans with your loved ones. I wanted to share a few pictures from a photo shoot that I had with Ava, my little Valentine!
She isn't in many of the shots because it was a little too cold for her. And because my camera stopped working! Thank goodness for my iPhone though. And thank goodness for my wonderful friend for snapping pictures for me.
I love the way these turned out. This is the first time that Ava and I have taken pictures together! I can't wait for our next photo shoot, hopefully the weather will be warmer so Ava won't be so uncomfortable. I feel like a real blogger now, having photo shoots and stuff lol. Until next time!