Spring has Sprung!! I wanted to share a few FREE events happening in the month of April. Links are available to learn more information for each event.
1. Pillow Fight in the Park - April 1st is April Fool's Day and also International Pillow Fight Day! Bring a feather free pillow to Grant Park from 3pm-6pm for some pillow fight fun. For more info, click HERE.
2. Food O Rama - Food truck festival happening at Grant Park, 11am-7pm. After your pillow fight, stop by your favorite food truck to fill your belly.
3. Festival on Ponce - Olmsted Linear Park, April 1st 10am-5pm and April 2nd 11am-5pm. There will be fine and folk art, food, music and a children's area.
4. Dogwood Festival - My favorite!! April 7th 2pm-9pm is family Friday where there will be rides, games, and inflatables. Unlimited wristbands for the rides are $12 in advance. Depending on the weather, we may purchase wristbands. April 8th-9th are the FREE days of the festival. Art, a 5k run, live music, and food. Click HERE for more info.
5. High Museum Second Sundays - April 9th. Every second Sunday of the month, the High Museum offers free admission and family friendly activities from 1pm-4pm.
6. Sandy Springs Artsapalooza - April 15th 10am-5pm and April 16th 11am-5pm. Food trucks, live music, arts and crafts booths, and a kids area. 6100 Lake Forrest Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30328 Click HERE for more information.
7. National Park week - April 15th-16th and April 22nd-23rd Enjoy free entrance days to national parks. Parks that will be free include Arabia Mountain, and Cumberland Island if you are up for a road trip. For more information, click HERE.
8. Pinners Conference and Expo - This event is for the crafty mamas, not necessarily kid friendly though. I'd use this as a moms day out! This event technically isn't free but there is a coupon code for a free ticket. Use promo code: ShopPinners to get the $7 ticket for free. Price increases depending on the classes you choose to take. Click HERE for all the details.
9. Atlanta Streets Alive - April 23rd 2pm-6pm. The roads will be closed off. Walk, run or bike for free entertainment and activities. Click HERE for more info.
10. Inman Park Festival - April 29th - 30th, 11am-6pm. Enjoy music, food vendors, art, kids activities and a street parade on April 29th at 2pm. Click HERE for more information.
April is a busy month! April is also the best month, I'll share why later! Fill your calendars and I will catch you on my next post. Until next time!